Grass straws specifications:
- Box size: 21 x 9 x 2.2 cm.
- Length: 20cm.
- Diameter: size 4mm – 7mm
- Expiry date: 18 months.
- Safe products for users.
- Products meet export standards to Germany.
- The product is entirely degradable, with no harm to nature.
- Straw grass is used to drink.
- The straws after use can be washed and stored in the refrigerator for subsequent use.
- The straws can be reused three times.
- Store the grass straws in a dry, ventilated place.
- If kept in normal mode, the straws can be preserved for six months.
- After use, you can wash the straws, store them in the refrigerator for reuse.
- Can store used straws in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
What is a grass straw?
Straws made from grass are an optimal solution to replace plastic straws.
The pipe is produced completely naturally from the grass tree (Acacia, sedge) with the scientific name of Lepironia articulate.
Eagle grass often grows in alum-contaminated water along the Mekong Delta.
In the past, farmers used this rich source of raw materials to make handicrafts such as knitting cushions, mats, bags, hats, and thatched roofs.
Large plants (1 – 2 years old) are still used today to make grass straws, completely natural and environmentally friendly.
The grass is harvested and processed manually, which also helps the people in the West increase their income and stabilize their lives in this harsh land.
To have a grass straw to the user’s hand; it has to go through 6 stages:
- Eagle grass is exploited from the raw material area in Long An.
- After collecting the grass pipe, the worker will chisel out the compartments inside the tube.
- The grass is cut to the size of a straw, from 18 to 20 cm long.
- The worker will cut straight the end of the straw, bevel one end to make it easier to plug into the glass.
- Finished, the worker cleans the tube, takes it to dry.
- Grass straws are packed and delivered to customers.
Customers favor grass straws for the following reasons:
- Health safety.
- Grass straws are completely friendly to people and the environment.
- Cheap price (0.032 -0.06USD/straw).
- The packaging is delicate, beautiful, sharp, suitable for gifts.
- The tube is used one time for restaurants, hotels and about three times for individuals.